The Peace Country Beef Congress is this weekend!
Drop by the Lakota Agriplex and the Encana Centre to see our cattle show and visit the trade show. You will get a chance to visit with local breeders like the Gemvale Stock Farm and be able to vote, by text or email, for your favorite in the Jackpot class at 4:15 on Friday.
Everyone can vote in the Jackpot Class!
How to vote for your favourite!
1. Watch the class enter the ring
2. Decide who to vote for
3. Text 37607
4. Enter the # of your favourite entry
5. Bask in the knowledge that you helped them win
Friday January 6, 2017
8:30 am—10:00 am Remainder of livestock move in
8:00 am—12:00 pm Move in for tradeshow exhibitors
12:00 pm Exhibitors lunch and Trade Show opens
1:00 pm—Purebred Heifer Pen
1:30 pm—Single Open Heifer
2:00 pm—Open Steer Class Heifer Pen
3:00 pm—Sr. Commercial Heifer Pen
3:30 pm—Purebred Pen of 2, 2 year old Bulls
4:00 pm—Overall Commercial Heifer
4:15 pm—Jackpot Class
5:00 pm—Happy Hour
8:30 pm—Live Heifer Auction
Saturday January 7, 2017
9:00 am—Youth Program Registration
9:30 am—Trade Show Opens
11:30 am—12:30 pm—Youth Program Lunch
12:30 pm—4-H Steer Show
1:30 pm—4-H Heifer Show
2:00 pm—Purebred pen of 3 Bulls
2:30 pm—Cattlemen’s Choice
4:00 pm—Show Wrap Up
4:30 pm—Take down can begin
8:00 pm—All exhibitors and tradeshow booths gone.
Registration Deadline extended!
You now have until December 31 to enter the 2017 Peace Country Beef Congress.
* Correction* The Single Open Steer class was missed on the entry form. It has now been added to the entry forms! If you have already sent in your entry form and would like to enter the single open steer class please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-264-2656.
Register your cattle for a pen of three heifers auction on Friday night. At 8:30 after enjoying a great banquet you can take part in the auction as a seller or a buyer. For the registration form Click Here.
4-H/Youth Program Registration
Register to be part of the Junior Program on Saturday January 7th at the 2017 Peace Country Beef Congress. Click here for the program registration and junior judge application or Click Here for the online version of the registration. Thanks to our program sponsor, UFA, there is no charge and lunch is included. Don’t forget to Click Here for the exhibitor registration package, or Click Here for the online entry, so you can enter your heifer or steer in the 4-h/youth class.
The new sponsorship packages for 2017 are ready!
Find your copy here and make sure to share with anyone who is interested. 2017 PCBC Sponsorship Booklet 2017 PCBC Sponsorship Form
Facebook photo contest!
Visit us at our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/peacecountrybeefcongress, to check out our photo contest. This is how it works:
- Post a photo of your weaned cattle.
- Tell everyone about it and check back often to see all the amazing cattle.
- Post your photos by October 31, 2016 when the contest closes.
- The winner will be chosen by a random draw of all the photos posted to the page.
- Celebrate when we contact the winner of the two tickets to the 2017 Peace Country Beef Congress banquet.
We look forward to seeing your stock and seeing everyone at the 2017 Peace Country Beef Congress!